Sorry for the lack of update lately. With graduation week followed by two weeks away in Indonesia, it’s almost impossible for me to keep up with my blog – let alone have you to keep up with me!
But as I sit here seeing my friends practice for our performance tonight, I can’t help but think about how I should SHOULD tell you guys what has been up.
GRADUATION – 23rd November
I finally graduated and a legit Bachelor of Arts graduate!
The day after my graduation, I had to go to the airport early in the morning for my big 2-week study trip to Indonesia – specific Makassar and Toraja in South Sulawesi!
‘In Search of Makassar & Toraja’ – 24th Nov to 7 Dec
It’s already towards the end of our journey and boy was it a great one! Some highlights during our trip.
- Visited Chinatown in Makassar
- Engaged with the villagers of Kampung Pisang
- Visited the baby graves and stone graves in Tana Toraja
- Hiked for 4 hours on the Batutumonga hill passing hilly rice fields, traditional Torajan villages before finally collapsing in the van.
- Watched a traditional Torajan funeral ceremony where there were mass slaughtering/offering of pigs and buffaloes.
I will hopefully get to talk more about my trip once I get hold of pictures. But for now, feel free to go through the links as well as our trip’s blog as a whole. There are TONS of really interesting posts there as well as daily videos for you :)
Here are some pictures so far!
Will update more soon! Till then, take care!!!